Press, Patents & Community Events
Our students and team love to share their talents and love of sewing with our community by making these things together in our studio:
- fleece blankets and hats for our local homeless + cancer patients
- quilts and fabrics to local charities who make quilts
- making adaptive clothing for disabled veterans by hosting Sew Much Comfort groups each month for over 4 years
- making t shirts into grocery bags to benefit Niwot
- knitting helmet liners and headbands for charity projects
- craft projects for art walk evenings for children and parents
- fabric collections for Rosebud Reservation in SD 3 times a year
- Fabric and Craft Extravaganza events yearly for community people to sell their items in at very low booth fee
- Going to Rosebud SD, to run a week long sewing/art camp for residents
- Teaching scouts to make hats for homeless and cancer patients.
If you have a project you want to lead we can advertise it and host it. Please let us know! We are very willing to help.
newspaper and magazine articles
We have been featured in newspapers and magazine articles since our inception in 2005. Even though these articles may not still be online we wanted to mention the publications and link you to them.
Front cover and featured article on Nora McCray and custom bridal gown creations
National trade journal for home sewing industry Sew Fresh Studio was chosen for the front cover and featured article about the Rediscovery of Sewing IN Issue 34 of June 2008
Left Hand Valley Courier
Local Niwot Newspaper featuring news about how we volunteer to help our community.
Nora McCray and her associates created the first in the world home ergonomic sewing system for comfortable sewing, called the Tilt’able and the Sure Foot System. We offer these amazing products in our studio and for online sales. Check it out and then call today to set up your sewing room so you will feel comfortable every time you sit down!