Refund & Payment Policy
Sew Fresh Studio Class Policy
We keep our classes small to provide good instruction and attention. We have a minimum and a maximum for each class. Our professional experienced teachers plan and prepare well for the students and need to be paid for the commitment we give them by your registrations. Our teachers are either very experienced, graduates of fashion, business, education or design schools or are working as a professional in the field of which they teach. We ask you to look at your calendar carefully before you register for a class. Your registration is your commitment to attend.
We believe to offer you:
- best value for the price
- excellent qualified and experienced teachers
- the most information for the time
- a safe and kind classroom atmosphere
- most relevant skills for the subjects taught
- fair pay to our teachers for their talent and enthusiasm.
Classes must be prepaid, 4 days prior to class, with cash, credit card on our web site, check mailed and received to our post office box, or by phone or in person. You will not have a spot in the class without prepayment. This helps to keep your fees as low as we can.
If you need to cancel:
1. Call us 4 business days prior to the first class. This may give us time to fill your space and disappoint the other students by having to cancel the class due to class minimum enrollment not being met.
2. If you don’t let us know 4 days in advance, you will be given a refund of 1/2 the cost of the class within 1 week. We honor our teacher’s time and efforts and pay them for the attendance expected. They have often made kits and samples for the class attendance they expect.
If we need to cancel or postpone:
1. During bad weather: 4 hours before the class start if weather is severe enough. Rescheduling will be announced. Call studio to check in with us in bad weather cases.
2. If minimums have not been met for the class. We wait until 1 day before class is to begin. We will reschedule the class and you can apply your payment to any of the future classes for 6 months or ask for a refund.
Private classes are offered:
1. If you had to miss a class or want a personal approach, our teachers offer private classes at their discretion at $75/hr. with a 2 hour minimum for fashion arts and sewing classes.
Parents are welcome to watch the kid’s classes for 15 minutes at the beginning of classes. We find that the kids pay better attention if they are not distracted by visitors watching. All kids’ classes will be supervised by two adults.
Sew Fresh Students receive a 10% discount on all materials purchased in our studio during time signed up for classes.
Sew Fresh Studio and the Environment:
We make a commitment to our environment and your health. Please don’t wear perfumes in classes. We use earth friendly non-toxic cleaners and paints, we have equipped our sewing studio with state of the art equipment, we offer easy to use Janome computer sewing machines, Laura Star Irons, Sylvia Cutting tables, quality sewing books, tools and notions that really work for a good price and specially designed tables to encourage community in our classes. We give back to our community, recycle and volunteer for our community to sew things.